The 2020 Fleet Forward Conference, previously scheduled as an in-person event in San Jose, Calif., is moving to a virtual format. The online conference, reimagined as Fleet Forward Experience, will convene Nov. 9-13.
Speakers from Tesla and Waymo, a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc, the parent company of Google and one of the world’s largest autonomous driving technology companies, will headline the event on Nov. 9.
In a “fireside chat” at 9 am PST with Heavy Duty Trucking’s Jim Park, Vijaysai Patnaik, trucking product lead at Waymo, will outline the company’s plans to integrate its autonomous solutions into the trucking and goods delivery markets.
Then at 11 am PST, Tesla’s Enterprise team will converse with a fleet client to share how Tesla is working with fleets to support their electrification efforts and transitions to sustainable energy.
“We are delighted to bring both Waymo and Tesla — among a plethora of high-level speakers and subject matter experts — to the virtual stage,” said Chris Brown, conference chair. “The incorporation of Tesla models into fleets has only just begun. At the same time, the autonomous transportation market has evolved to the point that conversations surrounding integrations with fleets need to start now.”
The Fleet Forward Conference, free to fleet operators, is designed to educate fleet operators on mobility solutions surrounding electric vehicles and infrastructure, connected vehicles, autonomous technology, last-mile mobility, IoT, shared mobility, Fleet Management as a Service, next-generation telematics, and more.
Similar to the in-person event, Fleet Forward Experience will consist of keynotes, panel discussions, and breakout sessions — all presented live — as well as opportunities to connect and collaborate with speakers, subject matter experts, and fleet attendees.
Other themes to be presented at the conference include:
- What Can OEM Data Do for You?
- How to Plan for Corporate Fleet Electrification – and Keep Your Sanity
- Commercial Vehicles 4.0: Assessing the Big Trends in the New Normal
- EV vs. ICE: A Total Cost of Ownership Showdown
- Fleets and Autonomous Services: How, When, and Where
- Electric Vehicles in Motorpools: Challenges and Opportunities
- Fleet Electrification: Transform Your Utility Relationship from Foe to Friend
- Making the Transition from Fleet Management to Mobility Management
- Lessons Learned from Commercial Fleet Electrification Deployments
- Solving the ETA Conundrum: Predicting, Monitoring, and Alerting with Map Intelligence
- How IoT Will Revolutionize Fleet
More seminars and speakers will be announced in the coming weeks and registration will open soon. Fleet operators who RSVP now will receive updates about the virtual experience and will automatically be converted to registrants.
Supplier companies must pay a fee to participate, either as a sponsor or attendee, and can get more information by contacting their sales reps.