Chrysler continues its minivan line with the 2024 Chrysler Pacifica and 2024 Chrysler Pacifica plug-In hybrid, the company said Sept. 1. The Pacifica plug-in Hybrid is also eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit.
The lineup includes the premium Pinnacle model, and delivers available all-wheel-drive (AWD) capability. Pacifica plug-in hybrid delivers more than 80 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) in electric-only mode, an all-electric range of more than 30 miles, and a total range of more than 500 miles.
The available FamCAM interior camera offers a bird's-eye view of rear-facing child-seat occupants. Pacifica offers seating available for up to eight passengers, as well as 243 different seating configurations for the Pacifica and 81 seating configurations for the hybrid.
The hybrid offers a solution for consumers considering battery-electric technology, alleviating range anxiety through a Stellantis-designed dual-motor eFlite electrically variable transmission (EVT) paired with a specially modified version of the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 gasoline engine.
The 2024 Chrysler Pacifica lineup features:
- Touring (gas)
- Touring L (gas)
- Limited (gas)
- Select (plug-in hybrid)
- Pinnacle (plug-in hybrid/gas)
The hybrid can help charge the battery when braking or stopping using the built-in regenerative braking feature. A max regeneration cluster messaging icon is standard for the hybrid to keep drivers aware of the increased system regeneration.
New for 2024
- The hybrid will be available in two models for 2024, Select and Pinnacle.
- S Appearance, Premium S Appearance and the road tripper package is optional on the Hybrid Select model.
- Emergency vehicle alert system (EVAS) feature of the Uconnect connected-vehicle platform gives drivers cluster and touchscreen in-vehicle notifications of an active fire truck, ambulance, or other nearby roadway hazards.
- As a road trip minivan, Pacifica will continue to offer the road tripper package, a special version of the ultimate family travel vehicle:
- 20-inch wheels (18-inch wheels on the hybrid) are also luster gray, as are the center caps, which carry a brilliant orange Chrysler wing badge logo.
- Semi-gloss granite crystal Chrysler wing badges on the front grille and rear liftgate are also highlighted by black center inserts.
- Road tripper package is available for Touring L and Hybrid Select models.
- Amazon Fire TV is available for the Chrysler Pacifica, giving passengers access to their favorite shows, movies, streaming apps, unique vehicle features and Alexa:
- Amazon Fire TV integrates into the Uconnect 5 and Uconnect Theater system, allowing parents to limit and select content.
- Passengers can view in high definition from the rear seats and, when the vehicle is in park, the driver also can view it on the main first-row Uconnect 5 screen.
- A remote provides control of the experience and includes push-to-talk access to Alexa, making it easy to find and quickly play shows.
- The remote includes a button that connects Fire TV with the Uconnect 5 system for control of vehicle features, such as climate, maps and more.
- AWD is available on Pacifica Touring L, Limited and Pinnacle gas-powered models:
- System engages seamlessly at any speed, without any activation required by the driver.
- If any of the wheels lose traction, the AWD system automatically activates transfer of all available engine torque to the wheels with more traction, with limited slip to control steering in all road conditions.
- Enhanced traction in range of driving conditions: dry pavement, snow, non-paved roads.
- When drivetrain detects AWD is not needed, disconnects power-transfer unit and rear drive module automatically to stop drive shaft from spinning, reducing driveline drag, improving fuel efficiency and reducing emissions — class-exclusive in the minivan segment.
- Engages automatically based on a variety of sensor inputs when enhanced traction is beneficial.
- Ofers AWD and has best-in-class towing capacity (3,600 lbs.).
- Pacifica Plug-In Hybrid achieves more than 80 MPGe, has an all-electric range of more than 30 miles and a total range of more than 500 miles:
- Also the only minivan eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit.
- Designed to offer limited range anxiety.
- Equipped with a regenerative braking system, it captures kinetic energy used to slow the vehicle and sends the energy to charge the vehicle’s battery, even after the initial charge is consumed.
- A max regeneration visual message on the cluster display is standard on the Pacifica Plug-In Hybrid, indicating when increased energy efficiency is charging the electric battery during braking and certain driving dynamics.
- Can offer savings of around $3,250 in fuel costs over five years compared with the average new vehicle.
- Emits only 119 grams per mile of tailpipe-only CO2 emissions, with a ranking of 10 (10 is the best) on the EPA’s greenhouse gas rating scale.
- The Uconnect 5 system allows the ability to adjust the battery charging schedule to run during less expensive off-peak hours.
- Pacifica's safety features include the standard LED lighting and Pedestrian Automatic Emergency Braking (PAEB), as well as:
- Offers 98 total standard safety features and 117 standard and available safety and security features.
- 101 total standard safety features, including 360-degree surround view camera, ParkSense parallel/perpendicular park assist and front park assist.
- Pedestrian AEB offered as standard.
- LED exterior lighting featured as standard for all models.
- Offers LED headlamps, daytime running lamps (DRL), fog lamps and taillamps as standard.
- Exceptional LED headlamps light up the night with a balanced beam of light that minimizes glare to oncoming traffic.
- Two integrated front center consoles available: Ultra console (Pinnacle model) and Premium console (Limited gas/Plug-In Hybrid Select models)
- Top-of-the-line Pinnacle model interior features:
- Ultra console.
- Dual-level storage includes a deep pass-through storage area underneath the console that accommodates a large purse or even a laptop.
- Large console area allows for armrest.
- Offers best-in-class total storage of more than eight cubic feet.
- Premium interior appointments include a piano black push-push storage bin, brushed silver metal hydro bezels, a suede headliner, high-end Berber construction floor mats, platinum chrome exterior/satin chrome interior trim and much more.
- Limited gas/Plug-In Hybrid select models feature the Premium console, a more compact version of the Pinnacle Ultra console that also flows into instrument panel:
- Console also offers dual-level storage with large pass-through storage area.
- More compact console allows for inclusion of Stow ‘n Go seating.
- Pacifica, features the Uconnect 5 system, which delivers:
- Standard 10.1-inch high-definition touchscreen radio.
- Can be connected to two phones simultaneously, with Bluetooth capability.
- Processing speeds five times faster than previous generation, using Android operating system.
- Map updates available over-the-air (OTA), as well as Firmware OTA (FOTA) system software updates.
- SiriusXM with 360 XL offered free for three months as standard on Pacifica, letting owners customize their listening experience, with a variety of features, including personalized stations powered by Pandora, along with thousands of hours of downloadable content, such as live sports, free on-demand shows, performances and interviews.
- Enhanced hybrid electric pages and smartphone control 2.0 provide support for up to three customer-defined charging schedules (weekdays, weekends, etc.).
- Pacifica offers USB Type-C ports, allowing devices to be charged up to four times faster than standard USB outlets.
- Depending on trim level, Pacifica offers up to 12 USB ports.
- Wireless charging available for two integrated consoles featured in Limited gas/Hybrid Select and Pinnacle models.
- For audiophiles, available Harman Kardon Premium Audio Group adds a 10-inch rear quarter trim subwoofer with 19-speaker system.
- Engineers worked to improve the already vault-like cabin with improved fitments for door and glass seals for all price classes.
- Chrysler clear air filtration system is standard on all Chrysler vehicles and filters 95% of air particulates, reducing many types of solid and liquid airborne matter, such as dust, smoke, droplets and aerosols.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet