October 14, 2022
Charging Fleet EVs When the Grid Goes Down
In this episode of Fast Forward, Bobit Fleet Group Editor Chris Brown discusses EV charging issues with two experts from Edison Energy, which consults with large corporate and industrial clients to help them manage energy and sustainability. Hear from Meghan Weinman, managing director of transportation electrification, and Kyle Manahan, senior manager, distributed energy solutions.
The Fast Forward video series, hosted by Chris Brown, is all about connecting with leaders in fleet, tech, and automotive to show what the future holds for fleets of all types.
🎙Topics & Timestamps🎙
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:05 Will we have enough energy for fleet EVs when the power goes out?
- 4:25 Are power outages localized so EVs can get to places with power?
- 8:00 What fleets should know about microgrids.
- 9:45 How to and who should implement microgrid/distributed energy resources as resiliency against power outages.
- 12:15 Will utilities be able to manage the massive electric needs for the coming onslaught of EVs?
🤝 Follow and connect with us on social media!
🎧 Check out the Fast Forward podcast!