October 3, 2022
Fleet Electrification Goals & Processes Shared by an Independent Fleet Owner
The Fast Forward video series, hosted by Bobit Fleet Group Editor Chris Brown, is about connecting with leaders in fleet, tech, and automotive to show what the future holds for fleets of all types.
Ziker Cleaners in South Bend, Indiana, is a business in which sustainability — from a profitability as well as environmental standpoint — is paramount. In this episode, owner David Ziker shares how incorporating EVs will affect his overall fleet budget, his needs for an electric van or step van, and the EV model options he’s considering.
🎙Topics & Timestamps🎙
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:25 David Ziker gives a background on the company and how he uses his fleet.
- 3:00 Ziker describes his company’s sustainability plan.
- 4:55 Ziker explains the ancillary benefits of creating a green company.
- 6:10 Explains his research on available electric vans that would serve the duty cycle of his fleet.
- 11:50 Talks about how he contacted and interacted with his utility on charging needs.
- 14:30 Explains how he looks at TCO with EVs and other cost factors.
- 17:45 Explains his next steps to enact his plan and fleet EVs.
🤝 Follow and connect with us on social media!
🎧 Check out the Fast Forward podcast!