The electric vehicle market is quickly becoming crowded, with new players entering the scene and announcing new chassis, chargers, and vehicles, in the race to electrification. While some makers have already come and gone and others have popped up, it's still early to tell who will prevail in the long run. Yet, some trends are becoming apparent.
In a recent video episode of Automotive Fleet's State of the Fleet Industry series, AF Digital Editor Chris Brown breaks down the exploding market of new OEMs producing electric trucks and chassis and dives into whether the market will support so many new players. And for fleets looking to partner with an independent OEM, Brown provides a blueprint of questions and answers to give fleets more confidence in their decision.
Topics covered include:
- Past & present state of the electric vehicle market.
- OEMs & major and minor players in the market.
- Considerations for electrifying fleets and barriers to adoption.
- How to vet an independent OEM.
- How to think about the current EV market.
Check out the full video here: