Commercial electric vehicle manufacturer Lightning Systems is lowering the prices of its 2021 battery and fuel cell electric vehicles by 10% to 50% for Class 3 to Class 8 vehicles, the company announced.
In addition to lower prices, zero-emission vehicles from Colorado’s Lightning Systems also will have new features, including:
- High-speed Level 2 charging
- Faster DC fast charging systems
- Enhanced telematics and new remote software management features for fleet managers and drivers
- In-cab display enhancements in all vehicles
- Improved range and payload capacity from higher energy density battery solutions
Lightning Systems’ electric commercial vehicles are built on familiar chassis such as the Ford Transit 350HD, Ford E-450, Ford F-550, and Chevrolet 6500XD.
Lightning currently has production capacity available this calendar year for some models and is already partially booked for 2021 production. The lower prices take effect immediately and apply for 2021 and 2022 deliveries
Last month, Lightning Systems announced the launch of Lightning Energy, a new division of the company that offers charging technologies and services to commercial and government fleets.